Monday, January 27, 2014

Redken – Nature’s Rescue Radiant Sea Spray

I just notice I haven’t posted a hair review yet, which is odd, because hair stuffs are my favorite!!! I love trying new stuff out (more than any other category) and know exactly what I’m looking for (unlike any other category).

Today I’d like to talk about something that seems to be discontinued. Awesome, right? I debated on posting this, and decided to go for it, for you can still find this on sites like eBay or Amazon. Actually you might still be able to get this in salons, I just noticed that it was no longer available at my local Ulta.

The product I’m talking about its Redken’s Nature Rescue Radiant Sea Spray, and looks a little something like this:




First off, I have to give props for the packaging. I know the way a product looks usually has nothing to do with the actual product, but it is meant to catch you eye. And man, this catches my eye!

Who wouldn't want a bottle that looks like it was inspired by a beach house on the East Coast on a cool, summer day? At least that’s the impression I get from the look of it!

Oooooo! So....beachy and nice!
As far as what it actually is, it’s basically a light texturing spray. I say “light” because it focus more on the scent of the product than that actual “creating beach waves” properties (and on the back it says Lightweight Texturizer as well). The scent part of it is AMAZING. It’s kind of hard to describe, but I’ll do my best! It’s definitely on the light side (not musky or potent), but not so light where you can barely smell it. It has an oceany bit to it, but also some sweetness to it. It smells fresh, yet warm at the same time. It doesn't smell like a typical “beach” scent, like as in a candle. I've honestly never smelled anything like it before!

The texturizing part of it though? Meh. I feel it actually weighs down my hair some, and makes it slightly clump together, like if I didn't wash all my conditioner out while showering, and let it dry. The spray part of it isn't that great either. It more shoots out in a concentrated stream, than a light mist (I think that contributes to the weighing down part).

Bottom line: I would not buy this again. It was nice to try because of the scent, but there are SO many better beach wave products out there (like NYM Beach Babe or Sally Hershberger Glam Waves). And honestly, I have about ½ the bottle yet….and I’m not sure if I’m going to finish it (might be in an empties post soon!)

Well, that about wraps it up for today! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment